- Upcoming Events!
- Who We Are
- Where does the Money Go?
- Support Group
- Reach to Recovery
- PANERA GOES PINK
- PINK OUT 2014
- Past Events
- Resources & Links
- Contact Us
- Breast Cancer Stamps
- Media Page
PINK OUT Month October 2014
Help Us Tackle Breast Cancer All Month Long!
Send your Donation Checks to:
213 Fox Run Drive
Venetia, PA 15367
Or Donate via PayPal Today!
What is PINK OUT?
In its seventh year, PINK OUT is an event that is held each October at high school football games throughout Western Pa. The goal of the PINK OUT is to raise awareness for breast cancer and to educate young women about the disease. The PINK OUT is also a significant fundraiser for the Young Women's Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation.
Schools throughout Western Pennsylvania participate in this event each year by creating their own unique PINK OUT. Most football teams wear pink shoe laces and wrist bands, and the cheerleaders use pink pom-poms and wear pink hair ribbons. Fans dress in pink clothing and turn their stadium pink! All of this shows our solidarity to tackle breast cancer. Many schools decorate the stadium with pink balloons, candles, signs, etc. In addition, many schools add a fundraising component such as collecting money at the game, or selling items such as t-shirts, wristbands, flowers or food. Continue reading this PINK OUT page for more ideas for your PINK OUT. We hope you will join us this year by having a PINK OUT at your school.
Welcome to PINK OUT!
How It Started
Terri Alvino Meyer was diagnosed with breast cancer in her late 30’s. She underwent surgery and chemotherapy and within a year regained her health. Within three years, Terri found the cancer had returned. The days were challenging, but Terri rarely complained. Read more...
Registration Deadline - coming soon
Ideas to Make your PINK OUT a Success!
- Sell Pink Ribbon cookies at lunch
- Charge $1 and allow students to wear hats to school
- Play your school’s sports with pink balls throughout the month of October and pass a hat or bucket to collect money during the games
- Purchase PINK OUT t-shirts and sell them at lunch, before or after school (t-shirts available in our e-store at www.PINKOUT-wpa.org)
- Have raffles for prizes, gift baskets, etc and raffle them off. Proceeds can be donated
- students offer services to be raffled off… yard work, moving furniture, cleaning, etc.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Past PINK OUT Photos!